Article by Matt S.
And that’s a wrap, everyone! E3 is done for another year, and now we know what to look forward to over the next 12 months, what we’ll be playing, and what we can look forward to seeing in a more complete state at the next E3.
I think it’s be a pretty decent show, on balance. While I’m much more partial to Japanese games, and those tend to be buried in the major stage shows, there was nonetheless enough interesting stuff on display that I know I’m not going to go for want of games to play any time soon. As usual, there was also a bunch of indie and Japanese stuff that flew under most people’s radars, but really caught my attention nonetheless.
Of course, it’s impossible to cover everything that E3 has to offer. It’s simply impossible, but all together we published just shy of 30 stories about the event, with plenty of trailers and screenshots to whet your appetites. So, if you’re catching up on E3 news over the weekend, be sure to have a browse through the below, and be sure to let us know what you felt were the highlights and disappointments of E3 2016.
Until next year, folks!
Stage show summaries:
- E3 2016: EA’s conference
- E3 2016: Bethesda’s conference
- E3 2016: Ubisoft’s conference
- E3 2016: Microsoft’s conference
- E3 2016: Sony’s conference
Games to watch from Japan:
- One final bit of awesome E3 news: Caligula is getting an English release
- Touhou: Scarlet Curiosity is one of the most interesting JRPGs from E3
- Is it just me, or is Akiba’s Beat just a little reminiscent of Persona?
- Hooray for Rhythm Heaven Megamix
- Yo-Kai Watch 2. Can. Not. Wait.
- Ever Oasis is a surprise delight from Nintendo at E3
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild promises to be Link’s biggest adventure yet
- Harvest Moon: Skytree Village is looking like good stuff
- Some great-looking indie and Japanese games coming to PlayStation
- Berserk Warriors both concerns and delights me
Games to watch from the west:
- The ultra-short E3 trailer for The Surge looks great
- Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun is one unique tactics game to watch
- Shantae is looking positively sexy in HD
- Injustice 2 is looking really good
- Bound; some of Sony’s best stuff had nothing to do with its E3 showcase
- Just Dance 2017 gets a Hatsune Miku track and life is good
- Mirage: Arcane Warfare is looking really quite good
- Good golly gosh is Dontnod’s Vampyr looking great
- Mass Effect: Andromeda looks amazing, now how’s about we see some gameplay, EA?
- Hooray for Fe! EA’s new Originals project is off to a great start
Other articles about E3
I hope DDNet’s coverage of E3 has been both interesting and useful to you!
– Matt S.
Find me on Twitter: @digitallydownld