Well, here is one thing I thought I would never see; on the first day of Quakecon 2012, it was announced that the 1995 cousin of Wolfenstein 3D, Rise of The Triad, is getting a sequel/remake scheduled to hit Steam later this year.
I’ll admit that this one came out of the blue. Then again, the situation to announce a sequel/remake to Rise of The Triad is ideal; the military FPS is declining, nobody really knows what kind of game will fill that gap, every PC gamer that would remember the old title is gathered together, and the studio handling the project has yet to prove they can make games which can sell. Regardless, Interceptor Entertainment is creating a successor to the well-liked Rise of The Triad and here is the first trailer;
- Step into the shoes of the H.U.N.T. (High-Risk United Nations Taskforce) with five unique characters, each with different play styles.
- Blast through over 20 of levels of explosive single-player action.
- Unique multiplayer maps bring back all the fun and excitement of classic ROTT.
- The full arsenal of over-the top weapons is back, including the Flamewall, Firebomb, Split Missile, Drunk Missile and, of course, the Excalibat!
- The maniacal modes return, too, with God mode, Elasto mode, Mercury mode, Shrooms mode and everyone’s favorite, Dog mode!
- Build your own levels, mods and share them with Valve’s Steamworks.
- Offline single-player and multiplayer allows for instant action.
- Find tons of secrets, collectables, special events and hidden areas to explore.
- Get more than 100 achievements to add to your score, which is tracked on our worldwide leaderboard and stat-tracking system.
- ROTT is bloodier and more ludicrous than ever, with full character and enemy dismemberment.
- The iconic original soundtrack has been completely re-forged in the fires of heavy metal!
- Nostalgia abounds with the option to play with all the original sounds and music.
- Built on fully-licensed Unreal Engine 3 technology, ROTT will run on low-end PCs and push high-end PCs to their limits!