The good folk at Idea Factory International are busy indeed. Just a few months after the release of Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 2, we’ll be playing the remake of the third.
That’s right, Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth3: V Generation is launching in Summer (that’s Winter, for those of us in the southern hemisphere). As with the previous Re;Birth it’s going to come with all the trappings – it’ll be both a physical and digital release, it will be playable on both the Vita and the PlayStation TV, and it will be dual-audio (although this time you’ll need to download the Japanese audio through a free launch DLC).
And, as with the previous Hyperdimension Neptunia games, Re;Birth3 will be a funny satire of the games industry itself. We enjoyed the original game a great deal when we got stuck into it on the PlayStation 3, and it will be good to be able to round out the trilogy for on-the-go play time.
Other features to note, according to the press release, are:
- +1 to Combos! Customize attack combinations with up to five moves, opening up a whole new array of ways to defeat your enemies!
- New Story! Play through new story and scenarios when someone else joins the Console War fray and refuses to play by the rules!
- Bring a Dungeon Buddy! Stella’s Dungeon is back, and this time she can bring friends! Each is equipped with special skills that lend their support to Stella in her items quest, so choose wisely!
- Remake in your Image! Modify the world of Gamindustri to your liking by creating “Plans” that alter dungeon treasures, enemy difficulty, and more!
- Get Crafty! Customize powerful equipment that can unlock the true power of the CPUs, opening up a world of new skills for them to use!
If you’re keen to read more about the Vita remakes of the Hyperdimension Neptunia series you can also read our reviews of the first, and second, games.
Related reading: For fans of Hyperdimension Neptunia, don’t forget the idol game, Producing Perfection, also available on the PlayStation Vita.
– Matt S.
Find me on Twitter: @digitallydownld