We have been huge fans of Orcs Must Die! 2 here at Digitally Downloaded, having scored the original release 4.5 out of 5 stars. The blend of tower defense with an element of third-person shooting made this an addictive game to play. Instead of referring to their new content as DLC, they like to use the term ‘Booster Pack’. We reviewed the Fire and Water content to 3.5 out of 5 stars awhile back, and it appears that like me, people cannot get enough of killing those pesky orcs as “Are We There Yeti” has been announced for release on November 1st.
Get your orc-skin sweaters out of storage because you’re heading up north in the “Are We There Yeti?” Booster Pack for Orcs Must Die! 2. Announced today by Robot Entertainment, the new booster pack gives players three enormous new frozen cavern levels to defend. It won’t be easy! Yeti and Goblin Sapper mobs will do everything they can to take down War Mages and their trusty trap layouts. In addition to new monsters and levels, the booster pack includes three new Endless Mode level conversions, three new defenses for the Spellbook, and new character costumes inspired by the Orcs Must Die! community! The “Are We There Yeti?” booster pack for Orcs Must Die! 2 will be available on Steam for $4.99 on November 1st.
“Are We There Yeti?” Booster Pack Features:
* Three Chilling New Levels – Venture to the frozen caverns of the north where new rifts are opening up. Defend the Yeti Den, The Hive, and the enormous Chilled Cavern against new enemies and old!
* New Endless Mode Conversions – Passages, Chilled Cavern, and fan favorite level The Tower have all been converted for Endless Mode action!
* A Deadly High-Five – Place the new Spike Wall along a hallway and surprise unsuspecting enemies when it springs outward, stabbing them in the face before tossing them through the air or over nearby ledges!
* Dwarven Missile Launcher – An explosive new secondary weapon that fires mana missiles, dealing out damage and tossing monsters in every direction.
* The Guardian Trinket – Your Paladins, Archers, and Dwarves have always had your back, and now you can repay the favor. Bring the Guardian Trinket with you to passively heal your Guardians. Use the new trinket’s active ability to revive fallen Guardians for battle!
* New Creatures – Take cover from the enormous new Yetis as they charge through the rifts hurling frozen snowballs at your head! Keep your distance, though, because when the Yetis take enough damage, they become enraged, and will charge to attack you, leaping over any barricades that stand in their way. Don’t spend too much time fighting the Yetis because the new Goblin Sappers will be rushing through the level to disable your traps! If a Goblin Sapper finds a trap to his liking, he explodes, disabling nearby traps for a brief time.
* New Character Costumes! – Inspired by two of the most prolific Orcs Must Die! 2 video-streamers, the latest set of costumes are a hat-tip to all of the incredibly passionate Orcs Must Die! community. Equip the new “Backdraft” costume for the War Mage or the “Skull Ninja” costume for the Sorceress.