News by Matt S.
We are thrilled to announce that the third full volume in the My Time With Dee Dee series, Summer Loop, is now live for purchasing on itch.io. Anyone who is backing us on Patreon will also be able to redeem their free copy now.
HOW WOULD YOU RESPOND IF YOU WERE CAUGHT IN AN EXISTENTIALIST NIGHTMARE?
It’s the last day of summer, and we all know what that means, right? A trip to the beach! New memories made, and friendships formed that will last a lifetime.
But what if all of that went… weird?
Summer Loop is the latest in the My Time With Dee Dee series, with an experimental narrative and structure, plenty of humour, and a laid-back, chill slice-of-life vibe. Explore several new locations in the expanding world of Dee Dee and her friends, meet someone new, and see if you can unravel a challenge inspired by Jean-Paul Sartre, Albert Camus, Samuel Beckett and classic anime like The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya!
– A highly interactive narrative with five different endings – all endings build on one another too, so you’ll want to experience them all!
– A chill, jazzy soundtrack to set the scene for the warm summer beach experience.
– 25,000 words of text, and around five hours of play.
– A 2,000-word essay experience in the “Teach me, Professor” bonus content will give you a deep understanding of the thematic basis of the game.
– Fan service. It’s a day at the beach. Of course there’s going to be some fan service!
I am very much looking forward to hearing your thoughts about the game once you’re stuck into it. Drop us a note here, or please consider leaving a review on the itch.io page! This is the first time a third-party has written a narrative for a My Time With Dee Dee title, so hopefully you find it different and interesting!
Thank you as always for your support. These VNs were always designed to be a way of thanking readers who support our videos, reviews, features, podcasts and so on!
– Matt S.
Find me on Twitter: @mattsainsb