It doesn’t take ESP to see that pre-ordering the upcoming adventure game Cognition would be a good idea.
If you’re planning on getting Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller anyway, pre-ordering would definitely be a solid idea as you’ll be in for some very cool bonuses courtesy of Phoenix Online Studios and Reverb.
Pony up right now on GameStop, Rain, or GamersGate and you’ll be on the recieving end of a pretty heavy discount, a prequel e-comic, and the full soundtrack for episode 1- The Hangman. Normally, just the full game (it’s scheduled to be episodic) would run you $40.00 USD, but through this deal, you can snag all of the above for one easy payment of $24.99 USD.
If you don’t buy in for the pre-order, each of the four individual episodes of Cognition will run you $9.99 each as they’re released. The comic and the OST will also be made available for purchase later on, but the price tag hasn’t been decided on those as of yet.
An adventure game in the classic style (all four episodes), a comic, and a full soundtrack is actually a pretty good deal for the cash if you’re looking to buy in anyway.
Some of the game’s highlights from the press release:
- Engrossing, Episodic Narrative – As an engaging and narrative-driven game, Erica’s story is rife with intrigue and suspense over multiple episodes of thrilling mystery.
- Fully-Realized Characters – A very talented cast of voice actors help round out diverse characters with complex motivations. Each new character makes the game that much more dynamic.
- Choices Matter – Branching puzzles have several different ways to be completed and solved, offering unique paths for the player to take as they solve the mystery.
- Mind-Bending Challenges – The game is easy to pick up and play, but it certainly doesn’t skimp out on the challenging aspects of puzzling. Uncovering clues and putting pieces together make for a trial of one’s intuition and savvy.
- Stunning Art – The breathtaking, hand-drawn art evokes the mood of the narrative. Intrinsic to the atmosphere of the game, dark hues paint gruesome scenes vividly.
- All-Star Dev Team – Developed by a true “indie dream team”, the line-up includes comics artist Romano Molenaar (Batman, Witchblade, Tomb Raider, X-Men) as Art Director and renowned adventure game designer Jane Jensen (Gabriel Knight, Gray Matter, and the upcoming Moebius) lending her expertise as Story Consultant.