Pits as in ‘Pit’ that is. Kid Icarus: of Myths and Monsters arrives in the eShop this week as part of Nintendo’s 8-bit Summer.
For me personally, this 1991 action game holds a lot of good memories. I had never gotten a copy of the NES original (Kid Icarus) and this was a close second. It’s not the greatest game, that’s for sure, but it is a classic… and a pretty tough one too if I recall correctly.
The old school downloadable parade continues this week as well with Tumble Pop. I’ve never played this Game Boy title that has you ridding the Earth of monsters and aliens but it sounds like it might be completely insane fun.
And speaking of insane, acting as the sale item this week is yet another Game Boy game- Mario’s Picross. I’m still not sure why Nintendo keeps feeling the need to stick Mario into as many uncomfortable game types as possible but here’s one that features the fat little plumber… and picross. Yep. In any event, it’s on sale so… it’s on sale.
One last note- Petit Computer looks like something to watch. There’s a lot of really neat possibilities with a software creation tool, could be some cool stuff despite the $7.99 USD price tag.
- Kid Icarus: of Myths and Monsters – $3.99 — The “8-bit Summer” series continues with this classic action game from 1991. Angel Land is up to its halos in woes as mythical monsters are running rampant. Pit, the original Kid Icarus, must save the realm again.
- Tumble Pop – $2.99 — Thanks to pollution and other global calamities, Earth is overflowing with strange creatures. What’s more, aliens from outer space have come to crash the party. It’s your job to exterminate all the monsters plaguing the planet.
- Masyu by Nikoli – $4.99 — With the Nikoli puzzle series, you can enjoy high-quality “Masyu” puzzles, created by Nikoli, who gave the world-famous puzzle its name. The Nintendo 3DS allows for the realization of simple and easy to play operability.
- The Phantom Thief and 30 Jewels – $4.99 — Sneak pass the guards, bypass the security codes and experience the rush of stealing the jewels. The year is 2120, and humanoid robot helpers are commonplace, even among thieves. Not that the Phantom Thief Stina is a commonplace thief! This self-proclaimed artiste and her pack of burglar bots are taking on Detective Sara and her robotic security team in an epic battle of wits!
- Dinosaur Office: Sick Day — Craig takes a sick day to stay at home, but that doesn’t stop his nosy coworkers from interrupting his precious R&R time.
Game of the Weekend
- Mario’s Picross – The “Game of the Weekend” program is featuring Mario’s Picross. For a limited time, this fun and challenging puzzler is available at a special price of $2.99. Offer is valid from 9 a.m. Pacific time on Friday, July 20 through 9 p.m. Pacific time on Sunday, July 22.
- Raby Laby 2 – $1.99/200points — The Queen has ordered her faithful minions to capture Alice and Rabi and bring them to her twisted world. The two must work together to discover where they are and how to return home. The pair will face wicked traps and deadly devices, while evading the Queen’s servants.
- Petit Computer – $7.99/800 points — Petit Computer is an easy-to-use programming tool that lets you create everything from music, to images, to your very own original games using an adapted version of the classic BASIC programming language.