You want a rundown of this week’s Nintendo Download? Marvel Pinball 3D – that’s all you need to know.
Has Zen Studios ever made a bad game of steel ball? The company has an amazing track record and their newest take on a Marvel Comics themed table set looks like it will continue that trend. You get four tables in the pack – Fantastic Four, Captain America, Iron Man, and the Nightstalkers (Blade). Everything looks as it should and the 3D should be a fun little gimmick at least for a little while.
There are a pair of pretty cool demos up as well though, so we can’t not mention those. Kingdom Hearts 3D, which presumably needs no introduction, and Rhythm Thief. RT is from Sega and is a kind of dance/puzzle experience. I played around with it at the New York Comic Con last year and was pleasantly surprised. Not a bad game and you can give it a spin for free in demo form.
The Game of the Weekend promo kicks off this week on the eShop too. Nintendo’s new sale initiative starts with a deal on VVVVVV. The 8-bit throwback is available for just $4.99 through July 1st.
Unfortunately, conspicuous by its total absence this week is the Wii. In recent weeks we’ve seen a small resurgence of downloadable titles for the doomed console with a few Virtual Console releases and even some WiiWare. This week though- nothing. I guess that’s something we should get used to as the launch of the Wii U approaches. Not that, you know, it actually has a release date yet.
- Marvel Pinball 3D – $7.99 — Marvel Pinball 3D is the ultimate superhero pinball experience, featuring original tables based on legendary characters from the Marvel universe, including Iron Man, Captain America and the Fantastic Four.
- Bomb Monkey – $4.99 — Blok Bombing is a fine and ancient sport invented by a small, creative troop of primates called Bomb Monkeys. The goal is simple: do not allow the bloks rising from the jungle floor to knock you from your perch.
Game of the Weekend
- VVVVVV – $4.99 — This weekend’s featured title VVVVVV – a game inspired by the classic 8-bit era and the direction of gravity – is available at a special price of $4.99. Offer is valid from 9 a.m. Pacific time on Friday, June 29, through 9 p.m. Pacific time on Sunday, July 1.
- Rhythm Thief and the Emperor’s Treasure– Tap the screen, swipe the stylus and control the gyro to the beat of the music to maneuver Raphael in a variety of rhythm-based challenges. Download the free game demo now in the Nintendo eShop.
- Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance – When Sora and Riku are sent into the Sleeping Worlds, they will face new enemies and make new friends in worlds they’ve never entered before. Download the free game demo now in the Nintendo eShop.
- Flip the Core – $1.99/200 points — Flip the Core is an artistic and unique take on the classic Shoot ’em up genre and combines fast shooting action with strategic thinking
- Escape the Virus: Swarm Survival – $1.99/200 points — Discover a whole new world hidden beyond the limits of the human eye. Dodge, wind and jump to link all pieces of DNA and build the longest chain ever while fighting off vicious viruses.
Agreed. The 3DS just had an awesome update 😀
I've already downloaded the Rhythm Thief demo but haven't got the chance to play it. Flip The Core looks very interesting, especially at the price of $2. It's also nice to see VVVVVV being on sale. However, since I already have 3 different copies of VVVVVV, I'm gonna skip this deal.
Gonna grab it literally the second I get home.
Rhythm Thief is decent, but I must admit, after playing Theatrythm, I know I'll never go back to this game.