Here’s a nice surprise- Mechwarrior: Tactical Command has officially made landfall on the iPad today.
The RTS promises 21 missions of real time mech commanding spread out over three planets, each one “laden with political intrigue and corruption”. Developed by Personae Studio, Mechwarrior: Tactical Command is also supported by the Media Development Authority of Singapore, which is apparently making a real push into the games space.
The game is supported by the Media Development Authority of Singapore (MDA), which promotes the development of Singapore-made media content. “MechWarrior: Tactical Command is a gripping Triple-A strategy game from Singapore, and MDA is proud to have supported its production under the MDA Grant Schemes,” said Mr. Thomas Lim, Director of Interactive Media, Games and Publishing. “Our game developers have refreshed an established intellectual property and modernized it into an engaging and exciting strategy game with great storylines for the iOS platform. It is yet another quality Singapore-made game. “
You know what? He might be right, because this looks like some pretty darned good stuff-
- Real Time Tactics on the go: MechWarrior: Tactical Command brings a true RTS experience to mobile with Personae’s unique controls for iOS devices. Players can initiate precise, advanced commands with quick responses to get the most immersive BattleTech experience ever.
- Authentic BattleTech Mechanics: MechWarrior: Tactical Command stays very close to the original boardgame. Heat acts as stamina and Mech’s limbs have individual sources of health-watch Mechs cripple other robots as they destroy their limbs and bodyparts!
- Massive Damage: Players will fight through waves of Elementals, Tanks, and other heavy armored mechs with a squad of four warriors in 21 levels set across three planets, including Twycross, where a number of the events from the series occur.
- Massive Mechs: With 30 mechs taken from the series lore, there is a variety of Battle Mechs with different classes to deploy onto the battlefield. Charge in with a Mad Cat, annihilate the opposition with the Atlas, or wreak havoc with the Hatamoto-Chi.
- Massive Customization: Players earn C-bills and tech resources from missions to upgrade their lance of mechs. Increase a mech’s arsenal, tune their BattleMech’s accuracy, or enhance their weapon systems-MechWarrior: Tactical Command lets players build their mechs and squad members whichever way they desire.
Multi-touch your way to glory and grab Mechwarrior: Tactical Command on the App Store right now for $9.99 USD right here.