Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games hits the eShop in demo form this week along with a pretty sharp looking little platformer- the Mutant Mudds.
Speaking of the famous plumber, Mutant Mudds looks very Mario-like in it’s play style. Yes, it’s a 2D platformer, but it’s got a lot of the trappings of a trip to the Mushroom Kingdom. And the fact that the protagonist Max uses a water cannon to defeat his filthy enemies? Remember Super Mario Sunshine?
While we’re on the subject of ‘imitation’; Flipper 2 actually looks like a very cool take on Earthworm Jim. Seriously neat looking side-scrolling action. There’s even a level editor!
- Mutant Mudds – $8.99 — Armed with a heavy-duty water cannon, Max must vanquish his nemeses, the Mutant Mudds, by blasting and hovering his way across the soiled landscape to seek out mysterious Water Sprites. (For Nintendo 3DS™)
- Mario and Sonic at the 2012 London Olympic Games – Demo — Join Mario and Sonic in the world’s greatest sporting competition. With more than 50 playable events, the Olympic Games have never been so much fun. This demo is now available on Nintendo eShop. (For Nintendo 3DS)
- Lola’s Alphabet Train – $1.99/200 points — Learning the alphabet has never been more fun than in Lola’s Alphabet Train – the most exciting educational kids’ game! Designed for 3-7 year olds, The Alphabet Train is actually five exciting games in one.
- Flipper 2: Flush the Goldfish – $4.99/500 points — A little boy has been kidnapped by an evil monster, there is no time to waste! Flush has to act quickly and rescue his best friend and owner. Luckily Flush has a super secret robot suit…that will make things easier!
- Newton vs the Horde – 500 points — Scientists are being attacked by a horde of vicious monsters. Use physics to squash, skewer and explode those nasty creatures and do whatever you can to help our scientist friends survive. (For Wii™)