Anyone have fond memories of Carmageddon? This is kind of like that.
Zombie Driver started out as a PC project by Polish developer, EXOR Studios. Evidently it went down pretty well, because it’s now also coming to XBLA, PSN and Tegra 2 powered mobile devices.
The developers promise that this “HD” version is greatly improved over the original game, with a better campaign, boss fights, new enemies and special vehicles that, yes, includes a tank.
According to the press release, here are the best features of the game:
– Epic story campaign with 31 diverse missions featuring boss fights, night missions, special vehicles and more…
– Blood Race mode with 30 unique events offering the best arcade racing experience in 3 distinct game types:
*Race – classic racing spiced up with guns and loads of zombies
*Eliminator – take down as many vehicles as you can before the time runs out
*Endurance – there is a bomb on your car and its ticking. Race through checkpoints to extend your time
– Survive endless zombie waves on seven twisted slaughter arenas
– Drive 13 insane zombie killing machines including a school bus, a fire truck, a bulldozer or even a tank
– 9 different upgrades, which can transform even an innocent Taxi into a Chariot of Death
– Vehicle mounted weapons including miniguns, flamethrowers, rocket launchers or even dual railguns.
– All weapons have three upgrade levels which come with unique features.
– Dynamic combo system with tricks and hordes of zombies to try it on.
– PhysX by NVIDIA
Looks and sounds like silly fun, but then so was Carmageddon. This one is due late this year.