News by Matt S.
An all-women anime fighter, based on the popular Three Kingdoms historical narrative of China, Koihime Enbu is basically everything I like in my 2D fighters; fanservice, slick, fast action, and gorgeous animation and art.
Sadly, while there was a port of the original Koihime Enbu released on PlayStation 4, it was never localised into English. Instead, fans needed to either play in Japanese (not such a big deal for a fighting game, but still a process to import), or play the PC version. And who likes to play fighting games on PC?
The good news is, thanks to Degica Games, the improved version of Koihime Enbu – Koihime Enbu RyoRaiRai – is getting a full release on console and PC in English. Here’s all the details of what to expect:
- Mix and match 14 different characters and 8 strategists to give your battle plan even more freedom!
- Use the Hougeki system and careful management of the Tactics Bar to create devastating attacks and combos!
- Special moves, EX special moves, super moves, and ultimate moves!
- Play Arcade Mode and follow your favourite heroine’s story…
- …Or battle friends locally and challenge the online rankings with matchmaking!
- Practice in Training Mode then see if your new skills can best Challenge Mode!
- Relive past glories or learn from your defeats with Replay Mode.
- Comprehensive rebalance based on the latest arcade version of Koihime Enbu RyoRaiRai
There are no shortages of fighting games being released in 2018, but I heartily recommend keeping an eye out for this one. You won’t have to wait long – it releases on July 12 – and it’s perhaps the cleanest and most enjoyable fighting game you’ve probably not heard about.
– Matt S.
Find me on Twitter: @digitallydownld
|Please Support Me On Patreon!