Yet another big show has come and gone and there was no shortage of news on both the new consoles that are on the way and the glut of games that’ll be accompanying them.
Microsoft trips over themselves, but brings the games
The Xbox One press conference came through in a big way with games, which was something Microsoft absolutely had to do- especially since their new DRM and ‘always online’ policies didn’t exactly score any points for them.
So it’s kind of a shame that that’s what did the majority of the damage to them at this E3. The weird used games policy and the required daily online check-ins were just too much of a stumbling block for the company from Redmond. Will they backtrack on any of it? Who knows, but they did have some great looking games on display. Funny how we all went from ‘where are the games’ to ‘who cares about the games- look at their policies’.
That’s life for you.
If we’re just talking games though, fans of the big green and black box should be pretty happy with what they saw in LA because there was some seriously cool stuff on display. Here are a few of my picks for Microsoft’s best of show:
- E3: Respawn’s Titanfall debuts
- E3: Forza 5 official trailer
- E3: Dead Rising 3 screens rise from the grave
- E3: Killer Instinct returns
- E3: Next-gen Halo teased for Xbox One in 2014
- E3: Sony E3 Press Conference Breakdown
- E3: Bungie and Activision show off Destiny
- E3: The Order 1886 is a stunner in trailer
- E3: Bethesda releases The Elder Scrolls Online trailer
- E3: Final Fantasy Versus XIII becomes XV and Kingdom Hearts 3 trailer
The best of the rest
While that was some of the biggest news for the big three out of E3, there was way more going on in the world of gaming at the big show. Here’s a few of the other big stories that appeared on BG:
- E3: Star Wars Battlefront revival confirmed by EA
- E3: Dragon Age Inquisition roars to life
- E3: Ubisoft trailer explosion
- E3: Telltale announces The Walking Dead 400 Days
- E3: The Witcher 3 gets trailer and short film
- E3: Batman: Arkham Origins trailer takes flight
- E3: Mirror’s Edge returns
Want more? Check back right here on DDNet twice a week for the Brutal Gamer News Wrap, and don’t forget to check in daily for all the latest news and info from the worlds of gaming and pop culture onBrutalGamer.com