Get reqady for the return of an old foe in Mass Effect 3’s latest multiplayer expansion Retaliation.
EA and BioWare have a pile of new stuff in store for ME3 players with the newest expansion pack for the game. Bringing a new multiplayer enemy faction (the Collector’s) and units as well as new maps and a new ‘challenge’ system, Retaliation is one of the chunkiest Mass Effect downloads to date.
Here’s your rundown of what’s in the virtual box:
- New “Hazard” Versions of Existing Maps – Wage war across six maps as a regular rotation of Firebases will be introduced to different hazards and traps. Survive the onslaught of Acid, Lightening,Meltdowns, Sandstorms, Swarms and Whiteouts!
- New Deadly Enemy Faction – Prepare to face off against the Collector Praetorian, Scion, Abomination,Trooper, and Captain. Reports have also come in that Cerberus has enlisted the Dragoon to their ranks and the Geth are deploying new Drones to the battlefield.
- New Unlockable Weapons – The Collectors have also brought deadly new weapons to the fight: theCollector Assault Rifle, Sub-Machine Gun, and Sniper Rifle. Unlock these weapons and new equipment upgrades to build to your arsenal.
- New Class Kits to Unlock – A host of new characters have joined the war to fight this new threat, including the Turian Havoc Soldier and Turian Ghost Infiltrator. Additional class kits will be added as the weeks progress.
- New Powerful Upgrades – Outfit your weapons with three new ammo modifications and fortify your gear with five unique upgrades to defeat even the toughest foes.
- New Multiplayer Challenge Feature – Think you are the best soldier in the Alliance? Make sure to track your progress in the new “Challenges” database. Complete various multiplayer assignments and feats of strength to unlock titles and banners to display in-game, and then compare your progress against your friends.
Mass Effect: Retaliation will be totally free of charge when it drops onto Xbox Live, Origin, and the PSN on October 9th in the US and on the 10th in Europe- just make sure you have the latest patch installed before you grab it. Retaliation doesn’t play nice with older versions of the game.
This is always good news. I have to say that Bioware's commitment to the online play has been pretty awesome. This weekend's bonus challenge is a pretty easy one imo, so take advantage of that if you're still playing!