Hello friends! It’s magazine day!
I’m very happy and proud to launch the September edition of the Dee Dee Zine. As always it’s 48-pages filled with features on Japanese games, entertainment, and culture goodness, and I think we’ve got an absolutely fascinating mix of features for you this month, including:
– On vocalised music in JRPGs
– On Blue Reflection and “fan service”
– Japanese umeshu – its history and how to make your own!
– A Koei Tecmo classic that should be brought back
– An in-depth interview with the developers of the upcoming indie arthouse game, The Plane Effect
– A look into one of Japan’s all-time great works of literature
The magazine continues to grow and develop. I love that I’ve been able to work with two enormous talents to produce original front and back covers (ray n and Ldan), and with the excellent writers and cartoonists contributing to the inside of the magazine, I’m enormously proud of the shape it has taken.
As always, the Dee Dee Zine is available to Patreon backers. Simply support the work we do across this website, the YouTube channel, the podcast, and everything else, for as little as $1/month (or more if you’d like to really support us!) and you get the magazine each month. It’s the cheapers gaming magazine subscription going.
I wouldn’t be able to do any of this were it not for your support, everyone, so as always thank you, and I hope you enjoy this month’s magazine!
Find me on Twitter: @mattsainsb