If you’re an old dude like me, then you’ll remember Worlds of Power, a series of novelisations of classic games such as Metal Gear, Ninja Gaiden and Castlevania. These things were so bad they were truly awesome for a young kid who was in love with all things to do with games.
And now Worlds of Power is (unofficially) back with Lost Worlds of Power, a hobby project edited by all-round good guy, Philip J Reed, and written by a team of contributors doing it for the love of games. Within this completely free book you’ll find stories written with love and affection about the following games:
· “Milon’s Secret Castle,” by R.J. Burgess
· “The California Raisins: The Great Escape,” by Samuel Clementine
· “Bad Dudes,” by Ramona Donohue
· “Double Dragon Warrior,” by Theodore Geise
· “Monster Party,” by Tomm Hulett
· “Marble Madness,” by James Lawless
· “Yo! Noid,” by Jerod Mackert
· “California Games,” by Matthew McKinley
· “Battletoads,” by Philip J Reed
· “Linus Spacehead’s Cosmic Crusade,” by J. Paul Roe
· “Legendary Wings,” by Guy Vollen
· “Renegade,” by Jeffrey Zoerner
In the spirit of Worlds of Power these stories in Lost Worlds of Power are fun and silly, and really worth a read for anyone with nostalgia for either the games or the original books.
There’s also plenty of art, and from having a quick read myself I can confirm that Phil was insane not to make this a commercial project. It’s genuine good fun.
For more information, check out Phil’s own website at: www.noiselesschatter.com/the-lost-worlds-of-power/
– Matt S.
Find me on Twitter: @digitallydownld