Highborn is a bit of comic gold on the iPhone and iPad. A simple strategy game, it features a genuine sense of good-natured humour, and now, the second chapter is available!
Available via in-App purchase for $US0.99 (iPhone and iPod Touch), and $US1.99 (iPad), chapter 2 adds additional enemies and allies, and new buildings to contend with, such as factories and teleporters.
The developer, Jet Set Games, has also taken the opportunity to improve a few of the games’ original issues, including:
– Improved 3D unit artwork and models;
– Units now display their attack range during movement;
– Monoliths now display which spell they control and a cool-down timer;
– End-of-mission statistic screen with information on turns taken, enemies killed, number of structures captured and lost, and more;
– SHAKE TO UNDO! This highly requested feature has been added to the single-player campaign, allowing players to undo their entire previous turn.
Those improvements are available whether you pay for the additional content in chapter 2 or not.
For that price, though, there’s no real reason not to make the purchase. Highborn remains one of the most entertaining games on the iOS devices, and more such antics can only be a good thing.