Anyone have fond memories of Carmageddon? This is kind of like that.
Zombie Driver started out as a PC project by Polish developer, EXOR Studios. Evidently it went down pretty well, because it's now also coming to XBLA, PSN and Tegra 2 powered mobile devices.
As you'll see in the trailer below, it looks pretty darned good, too
The developers promise that this "HD" version is greatly improved over the original game, with a better campaign, boss fights, new enemies and special vehicles that, yes, includes a tank.
According to the press release, here are the best features of the game:
- Epic story campaign with 31 diverse missions featuring boss fights, night missions, special vehicles and more...
- Blood Race mode with 30 unique events offering the best arcade racing experience in 3 distinct game types:
*Race - classic racing spiced up with guns and loads of zombies
*Eliminator - take down as many vehicles as you can before the time runs out
*Endurance - there is a bomb on your car and its ticking. Race through checkpoints to extend your time
- Survive endless zombie waves on seven twisted slaughter arenas
- Drive 13 insane zombie killing machines including a school bus, a fire truck, a bulldozer or even a tank
- 9 different upgrades, which can transform even an innocent Taxi into a Chariot of Death
- Vehicle mounted weapons including miniguns, flamethrowers, rocket launchers or even dual railguns.
- All weapons have three upgrade levels which come with unique features.
- Dynamic combo system with tricks and hordes of zombies to try it on.
- PhysX by NVIDIA
Looks and sounds like silly fun, but then so was Carmageddon. This one is due late this year.