This week sees a few Arcade titles hit Xbox LIVE, but only one features fake football and breaks backs with a vengeance. Backbreaker Vengeance – and in the middle of a lockout, maybe that’s exactly what NFL fans are looking for.
The second release in the series of hard hitting, non-licensed American football titles, Vengeance has been reformulated a bit from it’s older, retail boxed brother. Now with a download only affair, 505 Games has combined the original’s gameplay with the iOS version’s ‘pick up and play’ mentality to create a pigskin experience that any gamer can enjoy.
|Runnin, runnin, and runnin, runnin|
Here’s what’s in store (according to the press release):
- Three single player modes and multiplayer modes; Tackle Alley, Vengeance, and Supremacy.
- Split-screen 2 player and AI multiplayer modes
- 350 waves of heart-pounding action; spread over 70 challenges
- Compete on a global scale with the Online Rival system; objective-fueled leaderboards
- Euphoria-powered dynamic motion, for unpredictable and un-canned animations – no two tackles are ever the same!
- On-the-field camera puts you in the middle of the action
- Dodge on-field obstacles with Euphoria-powered characters
- Re-play key moments with the feature-packed in-game replay system.
- Complete Challenges to unlock new teams
- Amazing visuals – NaturalMotion’s Morpheme animation technology, realistic stadium lighting and weather effects, high-quality character models and tons of stadium spectators make for a true triple-A presentation!
|Is this Backbreaker or Loose Grabby Tackle?|
Backbreaker Vengeance is up on LIVE right now for download and will cost you 1200mspts. In a year that looks like it might be a little bit slim in the pro-football department, Backbreaker might be a nice little distraction. You can add it to your queue right here.