Melding the conciousness of every human mind in an attempt to create a "sublime" human race sounds like an incredibly bad, though ambitious, idea. Of course, the 1960's Russian experiment goes awry, practically leaving the planet dilapidated. As a proletariat citizen living in a rebuilt society based on 1960's Marxist ideals, you must find ways to cooperate with your fellow humans by exploring, mining, and defending your way of life from roaming beasts. For in Q-Games PS4 exclusive open-world game, The Tomorrow Children, the goal is to restore the population of humanity.
Like most children, I played with a vast assortment of different action figures as a child, and it's surreal how the beautifully minimalistic visuals and expressive characters from The Tomorrow Children's trailer bring back memories of my imaginary skirmishes and supply raids.
Take a peek at the story synopsis and key features of the game from the press release:
When an ambitious experiment designed to unite the minds of all humanity goes horribly wrong, almost all life on Earth disappears instantly, melting down into the planet to form “the Void”.
Years later, a handful of survivors begin to rebuild civilisation, but their endeavours
are hampered by “the Izverg”, giant beasts formed from the residue of negativity and nightmares that now roam the land. Fortunately, engineers discover the ability to develop “projection clones” – new life forms capable of venturing deep into the Void in search of preserved human DNA. It is with these clones that mankind begins the long journey back to its former glory …
- Choose your character class and travel into the Void in search of resources, building materials and trapped human souls that can be reinstated using a special machine
- Work together with your comrades in a persistent world, obtaining supplies, creating objects, fighting enemies and establishing new settlements
- Make paths through the Void, discovering islands where valuable assets can be obtained, but watch out for the Izverg that lurk around every corner…
- Develop towns from small communes to fortified cities, defending them from Izverg attack, and building new facilities
- Improve your character, develop your skills and boost your status on your own personal mission to rebuild the world – for the glory of all!
Colour me freakin' ecstatic.
Joyfully email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow my stream at: www.twitch.tv/the_major1219