It's time for the last press conference of the big three companies. We'll be providing text updates all throughout the event. If you don't have access to a computer or a flash capable device, these text updates should do the trick.
Nintendo already held a pre-E3 Nintendo Direct conference featuring Miiverse and the new controller designs for Wii U, but it is expected that we will see new software for the console today. Some 3DS titles are also confirmed to make appearances.
Updates will be posted in reverse chronological order (meaning the latest news will be on the top). You'll also need to refresh the page to see new updates:
Back to U
- NintendoLand was unveiled. Katsuya Eguchi (Animal Crossing creator) explained the gameplay, which revolves around visiting an attraction and transforming into a character. Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion, Zelda, Donkey Kong, Takemaru's Ninja Castle, and others will be available within the game. Miiverse will help create the environment of the game. It will also be a launch title. The conference ended with one last look at the game's theme park world as fireworks exploded.
- A man from Ubisoft hyped the Wii U and the company's support for it. He feels it will make social gaming easy and be a revolution. He demonstrated Just Dance 4 and Zombi U on Wii U. Reggie even zombified himself before things switched over to Assassin's Creed III, Rayman Legends, and others.
- Lego City will be an open-world game on Wii U. Your goal is to stop crime in the city as you use a multitude of vehicles.
- Lego City: Undercover will be available on 3DS, similar to the Wii U game yet different
- Castlevania Lords of Shadow Mirror's Edege Epic Mickey, Scribblenauts, Kingdom Hearts 3D, and more were shown to demonstrate the new 3DS third party games
- A trailer for Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon showed. It features new ghosts, puzzles, and more when it launches this holiday season.
- A trailer for Paper Mario Sticker Star appeared. It has an emphasis on stripped stickers from objects and using their powers to fight enemies. It arrives this holiday season.
- He skimmed over how New Super Mario Bros 2 will feature an emphasis on gold. It will be available in North America on August 19th.
- A full hour show just for 3DS games will take place tomorrow at 6 pm pacific time.
- A new game called SiNG (working title) was revealed. It displays the song's lyrics on the Wii U Game Pad while you sing along to the game.
- Wi Fit U will be coming to Wii U as well. A demo showed how the game will work with both the tablet and balance board. It features new events, new exercise regiments, and off-TV play.
- Reggie recapped how ready his body was a few years ago (yes, really) when he used the Wii Balance Board. He revealed that more than 43 million Wii Fit games/boards were sold.
- Mass Effect 3, Darksiders II, Tank Tank Tank!, Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Trine 2: Director's Cut, Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge, Aliens: Colonial Marines, and more were briefly shown in a quick trailer.
- Scribblenauts Unlimited is a new title for the Wii U. This game will allow you to explore a singular world and share stages with friends. The usual ability to create anything you can think of returns. It also features a multiplayer mode. It will be available on the 3DS as well.
- Harley Quinn from Batman introduced a segment with Batman: Arkham City: Armored Edition. Warner Bros. is working "very closely" with Nintendo. A trailer aired featuring how the Wii U Game Pad will enhance the experience with its scanner and other functions. Batman boasts a new armored suit in this version.
- New Super Mario Bros. U is the name of the Mario game we saw at Nintendo Direct. He re-explained the real-time communication in-game. A New Super Mario Bros. U trailer aired, featuring a new flying squirrel suit, baby Yoshis, co-op multiplayer, balloon Yoshis, and more.
- You can easily communicate by pressing the home button and typing or drawing away
- The Wii U will support two separate Game Pads and has a headphone jack
- Reggie discussed asymmetrical gameplay (one person using the pad, others using different remotes)
- We'll see Netflix, YouTube, Hulu, and more on WiiU.
- Reggie Fils-Aime came out and thanked the fans. He said this presentation is all about the games. We'll see 23 Wii U titles on stage today.
- A trailer for Pikmin 3 showed. It uses the Wii Remote and Nunchuk as the base controls. It can also be played with the Wii U Game Pad for enhanced strategy.
- Miyamoto showed off a black Wii U Game Pad (see image at the top)
- Miyamoto essentially restated what Iwata said in the Nintendo Direct conference about the Wii U's influence
- The conference opened with Shigeru Miyamoto being pursued by legions of Pikmin.
You can also watch the show over here.