You probably know all about Colossal Mayhem if you've been playing Radical Entertainment and Activision's Prototype sequel. If you bought the special edition of the game (not just the standard, which only gets you RadNet access), you actually are entitled to the add-on pack (available now) for free.
What you probably aren't 'in the know' about quite yet is the second delivery of murdery action that's coming as another package of the downloadable kind. This one, titled Excessive Force, pumps your game full of all new, all different viral nastiness.
Here's a rundown of both:
Colossal Mayhem Pack (out now)
- Thermobaric Boom-Stick
- Force Multiplier Powers: Warp Vortex, Anti Gravity Field, Air Time
- Custom Skins: Heller Test Subject, Infected Heller, Infantry Heller
- Viral Infector Grenade Launcher
- Force Multiplier Powers: Shockwave, Chaos Creator Mode, Medusa's Wrath
- Custom Skins: Armored Heller, Agile Armor Alex Mercer, Zombie Mercer
Personally, as a big fan of the game, I'm really interested in the new powers. The stock stuff is pretty awesome all by itself, but it'll be cool to see what's in the Excessive Force pack- the stuff that the team thought up after the game went to press.
If you didn't buy the 'Blackwatch' edition of the game (which again, would net you the content on the arm, as they say), and you still want in on some Colossal Mayhem, you can still start your DL now on the PSN or Xbox Live... it'll just cost you a cool $4.99 USD (or 400mspts, if you so prefer)